Sierra Nevada and hops go hand in hand. What began as a crazy idea scribbled in a pub eventually became our newest year-round hop bomb, Torpedo Extra IPA. The first beer to feature our “Hop Torpedo”—a revolutionary dry-hopping device that controls how much hop aroma is imparted into beer without adding additional bitterness. Torpedo Extra IPA is an aggressive yet balanced beer with massive hop aromas of citrus, pine, and tropical fruit.
Brewing is as much art as science, and all beer specifications and raw materials are subject to change
at our brewers’ creative discretion.
- Alcohol Content 7.2% by volume
- Beginning gravity 17.0° plato
- Ending Gravity 3.7° plato
- Bitterness Units 65
- Yeast Ale yeast
- Bittering Hops Magnum
- Finishing Hops Magnum, Crystal, Citra
- Malts Two-row Pale, Caramel
- Cuisine Lamb, Duck, Southwestern Cuisine
- Cheese Aged Cheddar